The objective of Kintore and District Community council is to represent the community in a fair and democratic manner, by making representation to the Council and elected officials on a range of issues; and promoting activities within the community which will seek to enhance the quality of life for all.
The community council does this:
- seeking and encouraging suggestions and comments relative to improvements within our community;
- establishing and maintaining links between local groups and individuals;
- promoting pride and interest in where we live.
Kintore and District Community Council is a statutory consultee for local planning matters and responds to local and national government consultations.
Through Fundraising, the community financially support local groups.
We support our young people.
How you can get involved
- We assist in the provision of the annual floral displays in Kintore Town Centre.
- We organise the ‘Best Garden’ competition.
- We raise funds for and organise the Annual Fireworks Display
- We liaise with Aberdeenshire Council, Police Scotland and other partners in community planning.
Attend our monthly meetings, held on 3rd Tuesday of each month (not December) in Kintore School and contribute to discussions on local issues which may affect you.
Put your name on the rota for watering the annual floral displays, or volunteer to assist at other community events or activities such as the Kintore Summer Festival and Fireworks displays.
Join our team, as a Community Councillor.
Keep up to date with local issues, by logging on to the website www.kintorecommunitycouncil.co.uk
will take you direct to this page.
For further information on Kintore and District Community Council contact:
General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org