minutes of meeting April 19, 2011

Kintore and District Community Council
7pm 19th April 2011 in Local Hub Kintore Unapproved Minutes


PRESENT:
Joan Thomson (Treasurer), Graham McDonald(Vice Chairman), .Councillor Martin Ford, Councillor Nan Cullinane, Drew Cullinane, Ava Rennie, Sheila Gray, Ann Marston, Lesley Monaghan, Constables Craig Currie, and Stewart Gibbin, Alison Cumming, and Linda Paterson (Secretary).

David MacKay from the Press and Journal sat in on the Meeting.

APOLOGIES:
Kenny Thomson (Chairman)

1.WELCOME:
Joan opened the Meeting and welcomed everyone.

2.MINUTES OF 19TH MARCH:
Minutes were approved.

3.MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:
Nothing new to discuss.

4.YOUTH REPORT: T
he Meeting was informed that there was an extremely disappointing turn out at the Meeting held on 25th March2011 in the School Hall. Only one new person turned up and no parents or new volunteers made it along.

Councillor Ford suggested that as no strong new issues were to be discussed perhaps that accounted for the poor turn out and that more interest would be generated once the building work started.

Graham suggested he and Kenny get together for a meeting.

5.POLICE REPORT:
See report under Community Council news.

6.PLANNING MATTERS:
Nothing to report as per Councillor Ford and Graham

7.CORRESPONDENCE:
Nothing new to discuss.

8.ABERDEENSHIRE COUNCIL UPDATE:
Nothing new to report as per Councillor Ford..

9.TREASURER’S REPORT:
Joan stated that the Bank Balance is now £1895.95.

Alison to chase up grant from Aberdeenshire Council.

10.AOCB:
Lesley – Leaflet and sign relating to Dog Fouling: Lesley showed the Meeting a poster she had seen. The Poster was in metal form. It was decided Kenny would speak with Maureen Adam the Dog Warden.

Lesley - Rosebank Nursery Access: Kenny to follow up this matter with Kevin Wright

Councillor Cullinane – Land at bottom of Lochburn Drive: Councillor Cullinane informed KDCC that she had received a complaint the state of the land at the above address. She informed the Meeting that it seems impossible to find out who actually owns the ground and that even if the owner was identified the Council cannot enforce anyone to tidy up a piece of ground.

Councillor Cullinane put a letter back to residents suggesting that they take it in turns to tidy up and maintain the ground but so far has received no reply. Councillor Cullinane also stated that a man came up from Edinburgh and tidied up the ground in November.

A suggestion was made as to whether KDCC should take on the maintenance but Graham said it is not a KDCC matter and if KDCC took it on then it may be that KDCC are expected to maintain any untidy or overgrown areas within Kintore.

It was decided that a decision and vote would be made at next month’s Meeting.

Summer Outing:
Joan, Anne and Sheila to meet together to discuss possible venues and find out costs and report to next month’s Meeting.

Graham:
informed Meeting that AGM for the Hub is in June and that more directors with business experience and acumen are required. Business training is available. Graham also stated that he maybe standing down.

Sheila: Sheila told the Meeting that there was no running water in the Cemetery. Councillor Cullinane to phone Bob Gray to see about it.

Sheila also commented on the state of the pavements in Kintore with grit still lying on them and also glass lying in the School car park.

Sheila commented that the bench opposite the Co-op had been moved but no-one at the Meeting knew why.

Joan thanked everyone for attending and closed the Meeting at 8.45pm

11.DATE OF NEXT MEETING:
17th May 2011 7pm in the Local Hub
© 2001-2017 kintore.org.uk Contact us