Minutes of meeting May 18, 2010

PRESENT: Kenny Thomson (Chairman) Graham McDonald (Vice Chairman), Joan Thomson (Treasurer), Councillors Ford and Cullinane, Constable Craig Currie, Drew Cullinane, Ava Rennie, and Linda Paterson (Secretary).

APOLOGIES: Sheila Gray, Ann Marston and Councillor Hood

1. WELCOME: Kenny opened the Meeting and welcomed everyone.

2. MINUTES OF 20th APRIL: Minutes were approved.

3.MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:
Tennis Courts: Kenny met with Tennis Coach Vikki Paterson and Active Schools coordinator Kerry Massie. (See Kenny’s email)
Dog Fouling: No further update since last Meeting.

4.TREASURER’S REPORT: Joan stated that balance of bank account is £2267.22
£120.00 had been paid out for 2 highchairs for the Hub
Joan suggested £500.00 be paid from KDCC funds towards the Annual OAP’s Outing which is to take place on 30th June2010 to Balmoral Castle
Based on 40 people attending costs are: Bus-£405.00 Meal-£360.00 Castle -£260.00
Posters to go up in the Post Office and it will be advertised on NECR and in local paper.
If numbers are insufficient then the outing will be opened up to anyone.
Ann Marston is back from holiday at beginning of June and will deal with this.

5 REPORTS:
Police:
Craig did not have copies of Crimefiles with him but promised to e-mail them to me but have not received them
A summary of incidents as follows:
In Kintore items reported stolen: Garden gnomes, Statue of Liberty, Hackney Plates from Taxi, Attempted removal of vehicle - couldn’t get it started so stole sunglasses.
Incident of vandalism at the Village Hall.
A Domestic Breach of the peace.
A speeding incident at 101mph
4 incidents at Carnie Brae
1 Assault of Policeman

A Meeting is to take place between Social Work, KDCC, Councillors, Police to discuss a way forward to tackle youth disorder in the Brae Crescent, Carnie Brae Area.
Graham offered use of Community House for the Meetings.
Constable Currie to discuss this with his superiors.

Residents are willing to get a Neighbourhood Watch Scheme up and running.

Action Kintore:
AGM was well attended.
Waiting for decision on Leadership funding to enable building to start on Youth Café.
No report has been received from digger test carried out in February
When plans are ready a meeting will be arranged with local residents to reassure them regarding lighting, noise, security and the management of the café.
Kenny to have a meeting with Steven Laing
Gill to investigate suitability of old building on Northern Road for use for youth café or the like.

6. PLANNING MATTERS:
Fraser Loudon attended the meeting to raise his concerns about new house building in Kintore and also at Woodside Cottage Midmill.
Kenny told Mr Louden that proposed house sites were owned by three different people. Plans have gone in for 120 houses and he thought permission had not been given. Councillor Cullinane and Councillor Ford agreed this was the case. Mr Louden voiced concerns about A96 traffic joining the dual carriageway from the Broomhill roundabout.
KDCC explained to Mr Louden issues regarding transport and new school building. Mr Louden thanked the committee for explanations regarding his concerns.

7. CORRESPONDENCE:
Hanging Baskets
Mrs Coutts will be attending to these again this year. The baskets are to be put up in June.
Joan and Ann suggested that if they are not maintained this year it could well be the last.
Councillor Ford informed KDCC that Inverurie obtained money from the area top-up fund for trailer and watering apparatus.
Kenny asked about procedure for tubs being placed in front of the Town House. Councillor Ford suggested speaking to Ian Rendall who could advise, as he didn’t think planning permission would be needed. However Mr Rendall on holiday meantime.

8. AOCB:
Graham looking for new directors with business experience for the Hub, as two directors have resigned. The remaining Directors met and decided that changes are needed with the possibility of nighttime opening of the Hub. Anyone interested in becoming a Director of the Hub should contact Graham.

Meeting closed at 9pm.

9. DATE OF NEXT MEETING:
The next Meeting will be held at 7pm on Tuesday 15th June 2010 in the Hub.
© 2001-2017 kintore.org.uk Contact us