Minutes of Meeting September 18, 2012

Kintore and District Community Council
7pm 18th September 2012 at Kintore Primary School

Unapproved Minutes

Present:
Kenny Thomson (Chairman), Joan Thomson (Treasurer), Councillor Martin Ford, Ann Marston, Lesley Monaghan, Sheila Gray, Kevin Watt and Christian Allard (Representative of Dennis Robertson MSP).

Apologies:
Councillor Nan Cullinane, Drew Cullinane, Ava Rennie and Linda Paterson.

Welcome:
Kenny opened the meeting and welcomed everyone.

Minutes of Previous Meeting (17th July 2012):
Minutes Approved by All.

Police Report:
No Police report was received and no Police attendance.

Matters Arising from the Previous Minutes:
Community Compost Group – there has been no response to this. Households interested in the Garden scheme could be potential users. A possible start would be East Park. An incentive would be that where people currently dump their garden waste may result in the burn flooding.
Cycleway – Kintore to Port Elphinstone – feasibility study under way. Council don't control the land as it’s a trunk road. Blackburn to Kintore – there are 3 options as previously discussed.
Tuach Hill – right of way – planning enforcement matter (there is a retrospective planning application). KDCC are statutory consultees – Kenny to send letter to comment on it.
Yellow Lines @ Hub – these are not painted yet.
Leaflets have been completed.
Garden Competition – this was won by Mr & Mrs McIntosh – Trophy presentation was held at this months meeting. Jim McCall has 5 areas for marking. Its been agreed that the council will donate to one of Jim's nominated charities - £50.00.

Treasurers Report:
There have been no transactions and the report was issued at the AGM.

Youth Report:
The meetings are still being held at the town house. The intergeneration collage project is still on going. A grant has been applied for from Student Grants to buy materials for arts/crafts. Fund-raising at the village hall made £1500 profit. Plan to make this an annual event.
Bothy – Jim Law is just back from holidays, still to get an update. Tender documents have been sent out. Return date is 27th September. Decision will be based on cost and delivery. Must be built by 31st March 2013.

Planning Matters:
Caledonian Logistics – nothing new on this.
There will be a hearing on the substation at Leylodge.
Retrospective planning application for the right of way at Tuach hill.

Correspondence:
All correspondence since the last meeting has been distributed by email to all.

Aberdeenshire Council Update:
Area committee was held today – the application for housing at Gauchill was withdrawn. Planning permission in principle for the site beside Ferguson Seacabs – deferred for further detail.
Town Park – planning application from Scotia Homes – Martin Ford and Fergus Hood put a motion forward for no housing till 2015 due to the schooling situation but lost this. However there has been an indication that housing will be phased so there will only be 20 houses by 2015 and the pavilion will be built after 50 houses.
Kemnay Academy extension to be built by October 2013, hope for August 2013.
Second school in Kintore by August 2016.

A.O.C.B.:
Bus Forum - 4th September held at Kemnay, attended by Sheila Gray. The current bus service from Inverurie via Kintore and Blackburn will be replaced by the 37 and 37a (the A will be the bus which will go via ARI), this starts the 29th October. There has been no word on the bus stops on Hallforest Avenue. The bus stop at Sandy Thain on the main road has been moved back.

Kevin thanked Kenny for all the hard work as Chairman over the last 5 years.

Date of Next Meeting: 16th October 7pm.
© 2001-2016 kintore.org.uk Contact us